- It sounds cool (this is kinda a joke…but it does, doesn’t it? Hehe)
- You can drink a beer while working at 1 o’clock pm (or am!)
- No boss
- No sassy colleagues
- Animal secretaries and assistants
- Going surfing at 10 o’clock am, when the waves are good, and nobody is out there
- Working in pajamas, or sweats…or naked? Yea! You’re a Freelancer!
- Working (“working”) at cafés…or bars…or on the beach
- Midday workouts, yoga, Pilates, horse-back riding
- Random travel at any time of the year (like taking off for the BlogShop workshop in Paris in October!)
- A smaller carbon footprint
- Not having to commute (reducing risk of injury from self- or other’s road rage)
- Not having to smell other people’s smelly armpits on public transport
- Causing life-style envy
- Taking an afternoon off “just because” and working the hours you want to work (which for me usually means from 5-6 am to 1 pm…)
- Multi-tasking includes going to the other room for baby visits, ladling broth into the risotto, emailing clients, perusing Amazon.com, painting toe nails, translating documents, patting the dog’s head, researching work-related information, making the bed, listening to spotify, writing blog posts, checking out potential PhD programs, doing laundry and sending out invoices.
- Having time to cook extremely yummy and almost-too-healthy meals for my family on a daily basis
- Feet are not sore at the end of the day from fancy heels
- Being as messy or stylish or disastrous as you want with your workspace.
- Baby and critters in your office.
Are you a Freelancer? What are your favorite things about it? If you aren’t what do
you think you would appreciate most? Stay tuned for the DISADVANTAGES of
being a freelancer…(insert scary music). It’s not all flowers, hearts and smiley faces